Thursday, September 18, 2008

100 days out!!! (630 left)

I went out tonight and had a celebration, it has been 100 days! , and at midnight I jumped up and down!!!!!! I am 1/8 done! Now that is somethin to be excited about. Looking back at my time I am thinking, wow I could do that seven more times, but lets not forget that in the next seven times there will be birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, christmases, all kinds of crap to make me want my Jimmie. These past 100 days have been a rollercoaster, really high highs, and some of the lowest lows I could have ever imagined. BUT! all those days are proving to me that this IS possible, and that I CAN do it! He is worth it. We are worth it, and the life I see with us together is worth it. These past one hundred days have taught me patience, hope, a deeper kind of love than I ever thought was possible, how much it costs to overnight something to Long Beach, AND! that time does really keep moving, and despite my initial thoughts, my heart didn't literally shatter into a million pieces. Although, these 100 days have left me with an addiction to letters, the facebook group for girls waiting for missionaries, chocolate, scrapbooking, emails, and phone calls/hangouts with my future mother-in-law Sonya. I have figured out that I can be a person without him, I can make new friends, live life without him here, but still have the strongest relationship. Distance is hard, but truly does make the heart grow fonder. I got this handout from Sunday school last week. I'll share it with you.

A good marriage must be created.
In the art of marriage.
The little things are the big things...
It is never being too old to hold hands.
It is remembering to say, "I love you"
atleast once a day.
It is never going to sleep angry.
It is having a mutual sense of values
and common objectives.
It is standing together facing the world.
It is forming a circle of love that gathers
in the whole family.
It is speaking words of appreciation
and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.
It is having the capacity to forgive and forget.
It is giving each other an atmosphere
in which each can grow.
It is finding room for the things of the spirit.
It is common search for the good and the beautiful.
It is not only marrying the right partner,
it is being the right partner.
I have that. Why wouldn't I wait for that? Why doubt what the Lord has blessed me with? Why not wait for something that quite possibly could be the best thing in my life? I have truly grown alot, and expect alot more lessons to come. BUT each day away is one closer to when we can be together FOREVER!=] AH!
Things that suck as an MG:
1) Double dates with friends you used to go on double dates with when he was here. Now it's just the other couple, and you, the third wheel.
2) Couples, in any way, shape, or form.
3)Awkward single adult situations, like Singles ward, or FHE.
4) Movie theaters on the weekends, WAAAY too many couples for me.
5) Greeting card isles
6) When I am working (I am a server) and a cute, young, mormon couple gets sat in my section, and thy have a brand new tiny baby. (aw I just want to be them!)
7) When you see random strangers wearing the same shirt or hat or whatever that your missionary used to wear.
8) Any calogne, any guy smell makes me miss him SO bad
9) Nights, or anytime you used to regularly spend with him
10) Anything randomly during the day that reminds you of him. (i.e. tobasco, subway, boats, ford taurases, weanie dogs, football, baseball, or any sport for that matter, dr. pepper, EVERYTHING)
K, I'll limit it to ten this time. Well, thank you for sharing this milestone with me. I am pretty proud of myself and am excited for the future, and can only hope the next hundred go as well.
I Love JIMMIE! :D

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry..... if you can make it past the first 100 days you will be fine! I know that the first 3 months were HORRIBLE for me.. but after that time has slowly started to pick up speed! CONGRATS on making it to 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been awhile since you have posted... hope everything is okay. Hope to hear more about your life and how your missionary is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. katie!! hey i was so happy you commented on my blog!! i forget about people who read my blog, if they dont comment.. lol. my bad! you haven't posted in forever!! wedding crashers is the best best movie ever! so hilarious! it is insanely vulgar, probly why I love it so much. yes.. that is why. lets no lie here. :)

    hope your doing well!!

    ReplyDelete